As a new employee, you are required to enroll at least one method of 2-factor authentication for access to NTCC resources like email. One of the options is to enroll a physical Yubikey to Authlite (our 2-factor authentication application) to perform the 2-factor authentication with. If you have not been issued a Yubikey yet, please work with your campus liaison to obtain one. Once you have the key, it will not work until it has been enrolled with Authlite.
- Open a web browser (like Chrome) and navigate to https://authlite.northshorecollege.edu
- You will be prompted to login. Enter ONLY your username, using ONLY LOWER-CASE LETTERS. This is everything before "@northshorecollege.edu" in your NTCC email address. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, you would only enter johndoe. Then click submit.
- Enter in your password and click submit. If you have already enrolled a one-time password with Authlite, you will be required to perform the 2-factor authentication to proceed.
- Click the Add Yubikey button
- You will then be directed to insert the Yubikey passcode. THIS IS NOT YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD. With the Yubikey plugged into a USB port and your cursor in the Yubikey Passcode box, push the gold contact/button on the Yubikey. A bunch of random characters will be entered in the text box. Do not change it. Click the Add button.
- After clicking add, you will be brought back to the main menu and a green banner saying "Yubikey added successfully" will be near the top of the window
- Click Log Out if you are done adding tokens, or click "Add OATH Token" to add a one-time password option to your Duo app.