As a new employee, you are required to enroll at least one method of 2-factor authentication for access to NTCC resources like email. One of the options is to enroll a one-time password/OATH token to Authlite (our 2-factor authentication application) to perform the 2-factor authentication with.
- Open a web browser (like Chrome) and navigate to https://authlite.northshorecollege.edu
- You will be prompted to login. Enter ONLY your username, using ONLY LOWER-CASE LETTERS. This is everything before "@northshorecollege.edu" in your NTCC email address. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, you would only enter johndoe. Then click submit.
- Enter in your password and click submit. If you have already enrolled a one-time password or Yubikey token with Authlite, you will be required to perform the 2-factor authentication to proceed.
- Click on the "Add OATH Token" button
- Click the "Online" radio button, then click the add button. As of now, we do not use the offline functionality. If this changes, this documentation will be updated.
- Before clicking Add, you need to prepare your phone to add an OATH token into Duo
- Open the Duo app on your phone
- Tap the Add button in the upper-right corner of the app
- Tap Use QR Code from the list. It should be the first item in the list.
- If necessary, allow the Duo app to access your camera
- Scan the QR code using Duo. You MUST scan the code and click done before the timer expires. Failure to complete both steps in the 60-second time period will result in the OTP code not working. Also, please note that you MUST scan the QR code on the actual webpage. The one in this document is for example only and will not work.
- One your phone, give the account a name if you don't want the default name, and click save. When it prompts you to "Copy passcode into app" just ignore it.
- If you are done adding tokens, log out of the site. If you would like to enroll a Yubikey token, you can do that from here.